The 2017 Farm to School Recognition Program application is closed. Participating schools will be announced in September 2017 via press, social media and this website.
Farm to School activities include, but are not exclusive to:
- Nutrition education including taste tests with produce purchased from local farms
- Harvest meals serving locally sourced products from New Jersey farms
- Farm to School curricular tie-ins that connect the cafeteria to the classroom or school garden
- Visits to or from local farms that teach students how food is grown
- School garden education that ties directly into what is already being taught in the classroom
Schools that meet the criteria will be acknowledged for their Farm to School efforts by receiving a Jersey Fresh Farm to School promotional materials kit including a Jersey Fresh Farm to School banner, aprons, pencils, pins, key chains, seasonality charts and media templates to announce this recognition.
In addition, one exemplary school will be chosen for participating in the most extensive number of meaningful Farm to School activities and will be presented with the “Best in New Jersey Farm to School Award” during Jersey Fresh Farm to School Week, September 25-29, 2017.