Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes
- 1 cooked spaghetti squash
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 green pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, chopped (4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds with a spoon. *Keep seeds to roast later as a snack
- Microwaves squassh halves for 4-6 minutes or preheat oven to 350°F and cook for 1 hour. Squash is ready when inside is tender and when the outside skin separates easily from inside squash strands.
- While the squash is cooking, saute onion, green pepper, and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper, oregano and basil. Simmer together and cook for about 5 minutes more.
- After squash is done cooking, let cool. Using a fork, scrape out the squash flesh a little at a time into a bowl. It will separate into spaghetti-like strands.
- In the bowl, toss the spaghetti strands with the tomato mixture.
- Optional: top with parmesan.
# Portions: 6